Wednesday, February 01, 2006

What a Cool Idea!

LibriVox is a website chock full of "Podcasts" of classic literature! And they're free (read: public domain)! Finally, I can listen to something worthwhile on my monstrously long commute to work every day! They've got podcasts of Dostoevsky's Notes from Underground, Conrad's The Secret Agent, Alice in Wonderland, even Frankenstein and A Connectiuct Yankee in King Arthur's Court!!! I'm more excited than words can say. So happy, in fact, that my joy overrides my usual compulsion to accompany every post with a witty and somehow appropriate picture. I'm gonna start with Notes from Underground as it was the first Dostoevsky book I ever attempted, though sadly I did not make it through... which is pathetic, cuz the very next Dost book I cracked was The Brothers Karamazov, and I tore through that sucker! I can't wait till they get THAT one on LibriVox...

To me, Dostoevsky = Wicked Old School Russian Rock And Roll Superstar

4 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Hungry Hyaena is full of shit!

How odd. I tore through Notes from the Underground, but never made it through Brothers.... Oh, Jesus...I just had a breakthrough!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Devo is full of shit!

Ya better clean it up, dawg! If you don't it might start to itch.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger piksea is full of shit!

Thanks for the great link. Everyone enjoys being read to. I was just popping in to leave a link for you. You send a message through a flashing pirate monkey. When you move the cursor over him, his eyes open and he opens his coat to reveal a message on his drawers. Here's the link:

http://eclectech.co.uk/messageyarr.php?i=dBt

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Recon is full of shit!

Sweet link! I'm going to listen to Hg Well's Time Machine.

It's gotta be better than the movie. That took the bus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home